Sliding gates offer many advantages over swing gates – especially for commercial sites.
- – Adverse slopes can be easily overcome. If the road slopes up into the property it is difficult to effectively lock swing gates.
- – Sliding gates are much more secure as when they are fully closed they form a solid barrier.
- – Wide openings are not a problem – possibly with twin gates meeting in the middle.
- – No wind force issues
- – Open or solid gates are possible
- – No need for a track in the ground if cantilever gear is fitted thus solving transverse slope problems.
- – Gates up to 3.5 tonnes can be automated.
Solid boarded tracked sliding gate.